Project Delivery Manager
Project Delivery Manager
Salary : $108,346.32 - $162,529.92 Annually
Location: Seattle, WA
Job Type: Civil Service Exempt, Regular, Full-time
Department: Seattle Information Technology
Job Number: 2022-01358
Seattle Information Technology (IT) is seeking candidates for two (2) Project Delivery Manager (PDM) positions with the Project Delivery Division.
Seattle IT is the department that provides secure, reliable, and compliant technologies that enable the City of Seattle to deliver equitable services to the public. Seattle IT manages the City’s technology infrastructure, applications, services, programs, and projects. We employee over 600 technology professionals and support over 13,000 municipal staff who work in more than 40 City departments.
In collaboration with fellow Project Delivery Managers you will manage, develop, and mature the work for teams of Project Managers and Business Analysts within IT. You will support and coordinate standard practices, deliverables, quality metrics and review processes for all services and deliverables teams. Furthermore, you will support Seattle IT’s purpose to be a trusted partner who provides secure, reliable, and compliant technologies that enable the City to deliver equitable and responsive services to the public. As the PDM you will report to the Project Delivery Division Director in Seattle IT.
Specifically, your work will be broken into three major areas, which are outlined below:
• Manage daily operations of Project Delivery teams consisting of approximately 12 to 15 Project Managers and Business Analysts, supporting project work in which each Project Manager and Business Analyst is assigned.
• Plan and allocate resources in collaboration with other PDMs, Quality Assurance Manager (QA), Portfolio Manager and Resource Manager, assisting with staffing decisions and forecasting resource needs based on service maturity and demands.
• In collaboration with the Project Management Practice Lead, support developing, managing, and maturing the practices and standards of Project Delivery.
• In collaboration with the PDMs, develop skill and competency roadmaps towards improving project management and business analysis in Seattle IT.
• Support maturity of project management and business analysis tools and techniques.
• Communicate with the division leadership and other Seattle IT teams to ensure the right resources are assigned to the right projects.
• Ensure mechanisms are in place for transitioning knowledge from the project status to production support status.
• Work with the quality assurance resources to deliver sound plan development and quality results.
• Ensure business goals and strategies are reflected in recommended solutions.
• In collaboration with PDMs, and Business Lead, manage the annual budget for the entire pool of project delivery resources across the division.
Supervisory and Advisory Responsibilities
• Provide coaching and encourage growth of team members toward optimum performance.
• Actively support recruiting and hiring for high performing Project Management and Business Analyst team members.
• Support teams in addressing and resolving challenges arising from project activities.
• Manage contract staff to ensure SOW deliverables are met. May need to author and negotiate SOW deliverables and contract rates.
• Manage the on-boarding and training of new hires.
• Oversee planning of individual workplans to support successful project deliverables and outcomes.
• Support all administrative human resource activities for team members.
• Build trust, credibility and effective working relationships within Seattle IT and business client stakeholders.
• Maintain collaborative relationship with project teams.
• Build strong working relationships with application owners, key business stakeholders, and various IT leaders to ensure the IT organization is delivering the right services required by the business.
• From time to time, this role may assist with operational duties supporting team members in their assigned roles.
• Understand the relationships, dependencies, and impact of related business functions.
• Collaborate with work groups where team members are assigned and with client partners, to plan and deliver professional services and deliverables.
• Demonstrated experience in fostering an environment of equity, inclusion, and diversity.
You will be prepared for this role if you have the following knowledge, skills, and experience:
• 5+ years project related experience including project management and/or business analysis.
• 3+ years’ experience in managing teams including business analysts, project managers, or change managers.
• Exceptional communication skills with the ability to partner and drive alignment at senior levels.
• Understanding of BABOK® and PMBOK® knowledge areas.
• Deep understanding and experience with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
• A deep agile toolbox including awareness of various agile techniques, alternate project management approaches and the wisdom to understand when to apply which process to the problem at hand.
• High degree of emotional intelligence (EQ), business acumen, and political savvy.
• Excellent leadership skills and ability to influence stakeholders, and drive decisions to closure; adept at moving executive and senior management to action.
• Strong problem solving and issue resolution skills.
• Passion to mentor staff and demonstrated ability to inspire and create a high-performance culture.
• Most work is performed in a normal City work/office environment; however, due to the ongoing pandemic and Covid-19 this team will be working a hybrid schedule (2 days in office 3 days remotely). This is subject to change as circumstances dictate.
You will be most successful in this role if you have one or more of the following:
• PMP Certification.
• IIBA Certification.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or Computer Science or equivalent education and/or experience.
• Knowledge of ITIL Framework.
• Experience supporting projects as a Senior Project Manager or Senior Business Analyst.
• Experience developing change management function.
Please submit your resume and cover letter along with your online application at
These positions are open until filled. The initial review of applications will take place for those submitted by Tuesday, July 26, 2022. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Employees of the City of Seattle enjoy competitive pay and comprehensive benefits package generous leave programs, and the satisfaction of doing work that helps make Seattle a great place to live, work, and play. Explore the City of Seattle’s – Benefits at a Glance for more information (Download PDF reader).
All City of Seattle employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Failure to submit proof of vaccination or qualify for a reasonable accommodation will result in withdrawal of the job offer.
NOTE: Employment is contingent upon successful completion of comprehensive background investigation in compliance with Seattle’s Fair Change Employment Ordinance SMC 14.17.
Workplace Environment (Telework Expectation):? Most work is performed in a normal City work/office environment; however, due to the ongoing pandemic and Covid-19 this team will be working a hybrid schedule (2 days in office 3 days remotely). This is subject to change as circumstances dictate.
This position is open to all candidates that meet the minimum qualifications. The City of Seattle values diverse perspectives and life experiences. Applicants will be considered regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. The Department encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ people, people with disabilities, veterans, and those with diverse life experiences. Accommodations for people with disabilities are provided on request.
City of Seattle
Seattle Municipal Tower
700 5th Avenue, Suite 5500
Seattle, Washington, 98104