Telecommunication Work Order Coordinator (MSA)
Telecommunication Work Order Coordinator (MSA)
Salary $40.08 - $46.68 Hourly
Location Seattle, WA
Job Type Classified Civil Service, Regular, Full-Time
Department Seattle Information Technology
Job Number 2023-00102
Closing 1/31/2023 4:00 PM Pacific
Seattle Information Technology is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Telecommunication Work Order Coordinator (Management Systems Analyst) with Security & Infrastructure Division.
As a city, Seattle is known as a dynamic leader in technology, innovation, and the environment. As an employer, the City of Seattle is leading local government in environmental stewardship and social justice among other things, making our city what it is today and shaping our exciting future. The organization’s workforce plays a meaningful role in making this possible.
Seattle IT is a trusted partner that provides secure, reliable, and compliant technologies enabling the City of Seattle to deliver equitable and responsive services to the residents of Seattle. This purpose statement is a simple declaration of who we are and why we do our work. It is intended to be a guide that helps us to not lose sight of why we perform everyday tasks or to invest effort to tackle difficult problems. It emphasizes that our existence as a department is to support our City partners. It reminds us that we are part of a larger organization that collectively is working towards improving the lives of the residents of our city. The 600+ strong professionals in Seattle IT are involved in the full spectrum of a modern IT enterprise offering many dynamic career opportunities. We hope you’ll join us!
The Telecommunication Work Order Coordinator serves as the hub for Citywide cable, data, network, and telephone service requests and processes less complex requests start to finish. This position works with the Unified Communication (UC) Service Delivery Manager.
Here's more of what you'll be doing:
- Vet all telephone incoming service order requests and inquiries (including all projects, move, add, change) from ALL City departments.
- Monitor and vet all incoming request that are received via service hub, contact requestor if clarification is needed.
- Build Tele management System orders
- Process the request if it is a name change, billing change or voicemail add or delete
- Otherwise assign the request to the analyst team
- Special handling expedited VIP request that come via service hub.
- Work with department telephone coordinators to further define the submitted request.
- Work with finance to obtain coding for billable projects. Prepare facility center work order numbers for projects.
- Providing telephone reports for specific customers/organizations upon request. (Including Tele management System and UC Infortel).
- Assist Telephone Analyst in researching information for public disclosure request.
- Maintain documentation of all orders received from customer base that shows the status and interaction the team had with the request.
- Assist in running Tele management System reports that define the status of the order.
- Wprl amd process Telecommunication bills in the Tele-management system.
- Assist Analyst to handle the hierarchy of orgs in Tele management System.
- Complete name, org, location, and billing information on service order change request.
- Obtain work order numbers in facility center for projects.
- Ongoing training for current and existing department telephone coordinators on how to submit request with all necessary information needed for telephone services to complete the order.
- Prepare headset orders for techs to install headsets for customers.
- Assist with Tele management System cleanup for existing legacy customers.
- This position requires analytical and research skills to ensure that requests are handled by the correct group(s) that may have to partner with telephone services to complete the given request or projects.
- Consistently monitor the incoming telephone services request email box, and service hub queue as well as answer incoming calls for emergency and VIP request that must be assigned to an analyst to expedite the request.
- Assist with process procedure and training documentation for the telephone analyst team.
- Work with UC contractors providing Tele management System numbers when needed.
- Researches and analyzes a variety of administrative and operational problems or issues regarding specific and/or detailed assignments; gathers data, prepares statistical, analytical and narrative reports; and recommends solutions to assigned problems or issues.
- Participates as a team on inter-departmental projects.
- Documents systems requirements, designs and specifications.
- Analyzes system maintenance and operational problems and enhancement needs.
- Prepares reports regarding status of work schedule status, problems and analysis.
- Provides training in operational procedures to staff and system users.
- Performs other related duties of a comparable level/type as assigned.
- Adhere to task deadlines and department performance standards to ensure services offered are accomplished expeditiously and efficiently.
Note: Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered for the required qualifications except where noted.
- Minimum three years of experience in telecommunications.
- AA degree in communications technology, computer science or closely related field.
- Excellent customer service and support skills; efficient, flexible and friendly.
- Ability to guide telecommunications concepts to individuals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with customers, external vendors, IT staff and City management.
- Ability to multi-task and handle changing priorities independently in a fast-paced technical environment; must be detail oriented with high degree of accuracy.
- Must be experienced working with teams of technical and management staff in the analysis, preparation and processing of technical documentation.
- Highly proficient in basic office procedures and applications; Microsoft products including Word, Excel, and Outlook; Visio a plus.
Why work at the City of Seattle?
The City of Seattle recognizes every City employee must play a role in ending institutional and structural racism. Our culture is the result of our behavior, our personal commitments, and the ways that we courageously share our views and encourage others to do the same. To cultivate an antiracist culture, we seek employees who will engage in the Race and Social Justice Initiative by working to dismantle racist policies and procedures, unlearn the way things have always been done, and provide equitable processes and services.
The City of Seattle offers a comprehensive benefits package including vacation, holiday, and sick leave as well as medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance for employees and their dependents.
More information about employee benefits is available on the City's website at: https://www.seattle.gov/human-resources/benefits/employees-and-covered-family-members/most-employees-plans
COVID 19 Vaccination Mandate: All City of Seattle employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If selected, you will be required to submit proof of vaccination prior to your start date. People are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a two-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine. Employees may make requests for a reasonable accommodation based on a medical disability or for sincerely held religious beliefs. Philosophical, political, scientific, or sociological objections to vaccination will not be considered for an exemption or accommodation.
Workplace Environment (Telework Expectation): Most work is performed in a regular City work/office environment; however, due to the ongoing pandemic, Seattle IT is currently working a hybrid schedule with two days in office and three days remote. This is subject to change as circumstances dictate.
Background Check: This hiring process involves a background check of conviction and arrest records in compliance with Seattle's Fair Chance Employment Ordinance, SMC 14.17. Applicants will be provided an opportunity to explain or correct background information.
Who may apply: This position is open to all candidates that meet the minimum qualifications. The City of Seattle values different view points and life experiences. Applicants will be considered regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. The City encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ, people with disabilities, veterans, and those with diverse life experience.
Application Process: For optimal consideration, we encourage you to include/upload a cover letter and resume with your application. We encourage you to use your cover letter to discuss why you want to do this work and how you meet the qualifications for the position. Your resume should summarize the talent, experience, knowledge, and skills you bring to this work. Apply online at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/seattle/
If you have any questions, please contact Mylene Claveria at Mylene.email@example.com.
- City of Seattle
- Seattle Municipal Tower
700 5th Avenue, Suite 5500
Seattle, Washington, 98104