The Network Administrator is responsible for configuring and maintaining the voice and data network systems to ensure network switches, wireless and firewalls to maintain uptime for stable operation of Emporia State University's IT assets. The incumbent will be responsible for assisting in configuring and maintaining physical security of electronic door access and video surveillance.
POSITION DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND COMPETENCIES
Essential duties and responsibilities including the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Strategy & Planning
- Collaborate with technical team members to assess near and long-term network capacity needs and design/implement strategic plans to ensure network capacity meets existing and future needs.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, mapping, processes, and service records.
- Determine and document telecommunications and network architecture, design, and layout including protocols and standards used, as well as configuration.
- Monitor network and telecommunication performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed to identify and correct performance bottlenecks.
- Configuration and maintenance of electronic door access to the buildings on campus based on the approval of the location owner or assigned designee.
- Configuration and maintenance of video surveillance for the campus.
- Design and implementation of copper, wireless, and fiber-optic network infrastructure for the campus.
- Implementation of other low voltage wiring for campus as needed.
- Configuration and maintenance of audio-visual equipment and cabling for the campus
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma with at least ten years of related experience, or
- Associate's Degree in related field with at least six years of related experience, or
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field with at least two years of experience
- Experience working at a higher education institution
- Maintain a postive attitude, good morale, and cooperation promoting teamwork partnering with other IT team members.
- Strong communication skills to communicate with different people at different technical levels throughout the university.
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Preferred Qualifications for this Position:
Strong work ethic (e.g., dependable, professional) and proven ability to work in an environment involving tasks that require strict confidentiality.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and continue until the position is filled. Background check is required.
Emporia State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other factors which cannot be considered by law.