Director of Information Security
Now Hiring for a Director of Information Security
Responsible for the strategic leadership, vision, and oversight of the operational information security program, while ensuring it remains in alignment with both short-term and long-term strategic business objectives. Consults with senior management and business leaders on a variety of cybersecurity and risk-related issues and provides guidance on risk mitigation strategies and acceptable levels of risk. Manages and coaches information security staff in the design, administration, and maintenance of security infrastructure, policies, standards, and procedures used to safeguard corporate assets and respond to security incidents. Conducts periodic reviews to ensure compliance with regulations, standards, and industry best practices.
What qualifications are needed?
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent work experience and professional certifications.
- Specialized level of competency with ten to fifteen years similar or related professional experience.
- A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy, tact and work may involve motivating or influencing others.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification required.
- Experience securing cloud-based environments strongly preferred.
- Additional industry certifications in IT-related areas or internal audit preferred.
- Knowledge of industry standards regarding security devices and procedures.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Excellent leadership and facilitation skills.
- Experience supervising the activities of others, including mentoring and coaching.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Benefits: FHLBank offers a hybrid operating model* and an attractive benefits package including health & dental insurance, 401(k) with company match, a short-term incentive plan, student loan repayment assistance, onsite fitness center with shower facilities and much more.
*Eligible positions may have the opportunity to work remotely up to two days per week.
FHLBank Topeka’s products and services help our member financial institutions support affordable housing and community development efforts across the Midwest. We have been headquartered in Topeka, Kansas, since 1932.
FHLBank is an equal opportunity employer. We accept all people, celebrate diversity and promote an inclusive workplace.