Director of IT Infrastructure and Operations
Now Hiring for a Director of IT Infrastructure and Operations
The Director of IT Infrastructure and Operations is responsible for evaluating current and future infrastructure needs for FHLBank along with managing the design and application of information systems that meet HLBank strategic needs while complying with policies and industry best practices. The successful candidate will have experience in modernizing technology environments including adoption of hosted services and infrastructure while strengthening security controls and practices. Areas of responsibility will include (1) procurement, implementation, maintenance, support and upgrading of systems supporting FHLBank’s IT infrastructure and operations; (2) daily and nightly computer operations (3) desktop deployment and support; (4) database management; (5) voice communications; and (6) network management and support.
What qualifications are needed?
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 10 years of continuous IT and business work experience with at least five years of experience in managing complex IT infrastructures and technologies
- Proven track record of success at building innovative solutions and driving technology adoption across the organization
- Senior level of competency with 10 plus years of similar or related professional experience
- Knowledge of cybersecurity and various IT security standards across the industry - Strong vendor management and negotiation skills
- Cloud computing experience required (i.e., Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, initiative and strong organizational and analytical skills
- Must be able to work and travel independently and use general office equipment such as telephone and computer
Benefits: FHLBank offers a hybrid operating model* and an attractive benefits package including health & dental insurance, 401(k) with company match, a short-term incentive plan, student loan repayment assistance, onsite fitness center with shower facilities and much more.
*Eligible positions may have the opportunity to work remotely up to two days per week.
FHLBank Topeka’s products and services help our member financial institutions support affordable housing and community development efforts across the Midwest. We have been headquartered in Topeka, Kansas, since 1932.
FHLBank is an equal opportunity employer. We accept all people, celebrate diversity and promote an inclusive workplace.