Technology Specialist II
Gaston College is seeking candidates for a Technology Specialist II position.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Annual Salary: $42,113.00
Provide primary and back-up support for a variety of technology services and/or equipment including, but not limited to assisting internal and external clients with setup, maintenance, troubleshooting and problems with a variety of technology services and equipment such as telecommunications, desktop computers, audio-visual, laptops, email, Web Advisor, third-party applications, printers, and copiers. Provide in-person or remote technical and non-technical support while maintaining excellent customer service, generally via phone, e-mail, remote and/or helpdesk requests or inquiries, while maintaining excellent customer service.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare and maintain inventory, operational records, reports, forms, procedures and related information.
- Coordinate with internal departments and external agencies, including vendors, to facilitate IT operations, communicate and gather information, and ensure compliance with service agreements, contracts, laws, regulations, and other procedures and requirements.
- Provide primary and back-up support for a variety of technology services and/or equipment.
- Support College and other department operations by identifying and troubleshooting technical problems related to telecommunications, networks, servers, desktops, copiers, operating systems, audiovisual, programs and specialized application software systems.
- Perform hardware and software maintenance on systems and components to ensure operational efficiency and data integrity and security which may include installing patches for operation systems; upgrading software patches for operating systems; upgrading software packages, and testing and evaluating system performance.
- Assist internal and external clients (i.e. staff and students) with setup, maintenance, troubleshooting and problems with various technology services and equipment such as desktop computers, laptops, email, WebAdvisor, third-party applications, printers, and copiers.
- Provide in-person or remote technical and non-technical support to staff, generally via phone, email, and/or Helpdesk requests or inquiries, while maintaining excellent customer service. As needed, guide clients to additional resources or seek assistance from others to satisfy the request.
- Provide technical input on the procurement of equipment and supplies.
- Provide timely support through helpdesk service requests and servicing emergency calls.
- Provide back-up support for the mailroom as needed.
- Maintain the functionality of classroom computer labs, including but not limited to hardware and software problems.
- Serve as backup for and/or assist the Network Server Specialist.
- Attend meetings and serve on College committees as requested.
- Maintain a high standard of professional and ethical practice in representing the College. Maintain confidentiality of human resources information and employee records. Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the field or discipline with continued adherence to professional accountability. Provide a high level of service to customers by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships and partnerships. Accept responsibility for managing situations and problems. Work cooperatively with team members and colleagues, contributing positively and constructively to the achievement of team and College objectives. Adhere to the College's policies, procedures, and other established guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including special projects.
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS
- Associate degree from a nationally accredited institution in a technical (engineering or technology) area required OR an associate degree from a nationally accredited institution with at least four years of work experience in the technology services field required.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- Two years of experience in a business environment or college support role required.
- Fingerprinting required upon hire.
- Eligibility to obtain and maintain a Division of Criminal Investigation (DCI) certification required. In addition to the standard background check, this position requires having a clear fingerprint-based criminal records search through the State Bureau of Investigation (SBI).
- Willingness to learn multiple roles and be flexible with work assignment on a daily basis.
- Capability to work independently, possess excellent customer service skills, and ability to interact positively with students, faculty, staff, and third-party agencies required.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to translate complex technical issues into simple terms.
- When providing telephone support, must be able to understand end users' descriptions of their computer problems in order to correctly troubleshoot them.
- Bending, stooping, climbing, crawling, and reaching, with the ability to lift and maneuver items weighing up to 50 pounds required.
- Occasional exposure to elements such as noise, dust, and odors.
- Work environment can be stressful at times in dealing with a wide variety of challenges and deadlines.
- In addition to regular office hours, position sometimes requires overtime and/or evening hours.
Gaston College provides a comprehensive, affordable insurance and benefits program. We are continuously investigating new benefit offerings that are responsive to the needs of our regular** employees.
- State Health Plan
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Additional Supplemental Insurances
- NC State Retirement Plan
- Supplemental Retirement Plans
- Disability Benefits, Long- and Short-Term
- Longevity Pay
- State Employees' Credit Union Eligibility
- Leave (Vacation, Sick, FMLA, Civil and Military, Child/Student Involvement, Education, and Voluntary Shared)
- Paid Holidays
- Educational Advancement Compensation
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Discount Program
Click "apply" to submit your application today!
Notice of Nondiscrimination - Gaston College is committed to affirmative action and equal opportunity in employment and educational programs and activities and does not discriminate against all persons on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, age, or veterans’ status. Gaston College supports protections under all applicable state and federal laws including, but not limited to, the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and Title II of the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act (GINA) of 2008. Inquiries regarding affirmative action/equal opportunity should be directed to: Chief of Staff (Employees) or Vice President for Student Affairs (Students), 201 Highway 321 South, Dallas, NC 28034 or call 704.922.6200.