Application Developer (#00850)
Information Technology Services (ITS) at Old Dominion University is seeking a full-time employee to serve as a developer of applications that support student and financial aid systems by providing analysis and programming activities by completing assigned projects and supporting duties. This employee will develop and maintain applications to meet the needs of the University, assist staff and customers to ensure proper project specification and programming development, and use technical, operational, and functional knowledge of the various systems.
Required qualifications include:
- Some knowledge of application analysis, design, and development.
- Some knowledge of systems analysis and design techniques based on business needs and requirements.
- Some knowledge of the use and application of industry-standard APIs preferably Java EE APIs or alternatives.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Some knowledge, skill, or ability to program in SQL, PL/SQL, or Java.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Some experience in the design and development of business applications.
- Some experience working in a Linux server environment.
- Some experience working with Ellucian product suite.
- Some experience working in an Oracle database environment using SQL and PL/SQL.
- B.S. or B.A. in Computer Science, MIS or a related computing-intensive field, or related experience.
Position opens May 30, 2022. To review required knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position and to submit an application, please visit http://jobs.odu.edu/postings/16302. AA/EOE