Senior Developer (#00473)
Information Technology Services (ITS) at Old Dominion University is seeking a full-time employee to serve as a senior developer for software development in the university portal and application development. This employee will design, develop, and implement applications that meet the needs of the university and support the University’s web & mobile needs. Also, employee will assist with research, evaluation, and development of planning proposals for future direction.
Required qualifications include:
- Extensive knowledge of support required for an enterprise-wide web/mobile environment. Thorough knowledge of client/server and web environments. Thorough knowledge of systems design, security, and planning.
- Considerable knowledge of VMware, Linux, Apache and the associated hardware and software.
- Working knowledge of application configuration and deployment in Java EE/Web containers
- Working knowledge of SQL databases: PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle. Familiarity with NoSQL databases like Couchbase or MongoDB.
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical and project leadership to individual through a wide range of technical skills and at varying administrative levels. Effective oral and written communication skills.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Some experience with PHP, Angular, React, Flutter (or React Native), and Node.JS.
- B.S. or B.A. in Computer Science or MIS or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Position opens May 30, 2022. To review required knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position and to submit an application, please visit http://jobs.odu.edu/postings/16304. AA/EOE