Senior Infrastructure Engineer Cloud Automation and Virtualization (00372)
Information Technology Services (ITS) at Old Dominion University is seeking a full-time employee to provide support to the University’s computing environment through technical knowledge and support of desktop, server, storage, server/desktop virtualization technologies and large scale systems operating systems.
Required qualifications include:
- Comprehensive knowledge of Server and Storage hardware and software and appropriate system practices.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Windows and Linux hardware and software and appropriate system practices.
- Considerable knowledge of hybrid cloud directory services and identity and access management systems.
- Considerable knowledge of scripting, automation, and orchestration frameworks.
- Considerable knowledge of public and private cloud environments and associated API’s.
- Considerable knowledge of desktop and server virtualization technologies in campus/enterprise environment.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with computer vendors and University community.
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently manage time.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical and project leadership to other staff as required.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Comprehensive experience with design, implementation, and management of Windows and RHEL servers in an enterprise/campus environment.
- Considerable experience with client/server communication in a networked environment using Microsoft Active Directory and/or LDAP directory services and associated group policy management for clients and server infrastructure.
- Considerable knowledge of Powercli, PowerShell, python and/or C/C++.
- Considerable knowledge in proper documentation of systems using Microsoft Visio or similar software packages.
- Considerable experience using public/private clouds such as AWS, Azure AD.
- Considerable knowledge with supporting IAM solutions and integration of those solutions across an enterprise environment.
- Basic knowledge with GCP concepts and best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and related job experience.
This position is open until filled. To review required knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position and to submit an application, please visit http://jobs.odu.edu/postings/16975. AA/EOE