Sr. Information Security Analyst
Marotta Controls, Inc. Parsippany, NJ Full-time Information Services / Technology (IT)
Posted on June 13, 2022
The Sr. Information Security Analyst is responsible for the analysis, maintenance, troubleshooting, and documentation of Marotta Controls’ infrastructure and information security program. The role offers advice, provides technical information regarding proposed projects, analyzes potential new infrastructure components, monitors infrastructure for performance, resolves user issues, analyzes information security metrics and documents information security policies.
Essential job functions and responsibilities
- Clearly articulate technical issues, solutions and activities to colleagues and clients with associated technical risks.
- Act as the primary Varonis (DatAdvantage) technical expert/administrator within the organization.
- Complete research and remediation of policy violations, to include end-user management notification and the regular production of appropriate reports.
- Coordinate remediation efforts with subject matter experts and the Helpdesk.
- Gather business and technical requirements and assess them against information security policies.
- Manage the continuous transformation and improvement of written policies into technical processes and assist IT and business areas with completing exception requests where policy cannot be satisfied.
- Evaluate potential new solutions and provide feedback to IT Management.
- Trains users on software, hardware, applications and create user documentation.
- Monitor and report on information security controls and metrics.
- Refine and document information security policies.
- Monitor, report on, and refine entitlements to company assets.
- Perform regular risk assessments of Marotta systems and report on findings to IT management.
- Document and assess Marotta Controls’ information security policies against required compliance frameworks (NIST, DFARS, etc.…).
- Drive and manage projects from inception to completion.
- Attend meetings in person when on-site and via dial-in when working remotely.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills Required;
Education, Certifications, and Years of Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Five to seven years’ experience monitoring and creating information security policies and metrics.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Must be a US citizen.
- Strong familiarity with Varonis and/or other File Analysis and Data Security Platforms.
- Basic understanding of the project management life cycle.
- Well-developed practical operating knowledge of common desktop/laptop hardware and application software specifically:
- MS Office Suite
- Workstation imaging processes
- Print services and printers
- System application, systems management, and data communication including basic networking in LAN/WAN environment and remote access solutions.
- Understanding of key information security policy requirements, metrics, and reporting.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good problem-solving skills with the ability to think creatively.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, including ability to clearly articulate technical issues and activities to technical and non-technical staff.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to adapt in a complex and changing environment.
- Consistently meet expected production, accuracy and quality standards as set by management.
- Must be team oriented with the ability to work independently.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Information security certification (CISSP, Security+, CySA+).
- Technical solution design and planning experience.
- Knowledge of risk assessment methodologies.
- Knowledge of NIST Cyber Security Framework and associated controls.
- Knowledge of the Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) controls and practices.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- This job interacts both in a professional office environment and a manufacturing/machine shop environment. This role uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines, as well as environments inclusive of the appropriate eye, hearing and foot protection (as required).
- This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are 8 hours, Monday through Friday. Overtime and weekend work are required, as job duties demand.
- No travel is expected for this position.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk, and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to reach and lift with hands and arms, and to use hands to finger, handle or feel.
- The employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend, turn, etc., and move about the facility.
- The employee may be required to lift, push, pull and/or move items weighing up to 25 pounds
We offer a highly competitive compensation package for this outstanding position plus a quarterly bonus along with a full range of top quality benefits and employee services including: medical, prescription, dental, vision, life and disability income insurance programs, 401k retirement plans with company match, generous tuition aid program, paid vacation, sick and personal days, paid holidays and flexible work hours with compressed work week options. We recognize and reward our employee's accomplishments and host several employee engagement events per quarter.
This position is at our Parsippany NJ office location.
Many of our contracts require proof that you are a U.S. citizen and/or that an export license has been obtained for employees who are citizens of certain countries. Your employment, both initially and continually thereafter, is conditioned on production of such proof of citizenship and/or any export license that may be required to comply with any and all applicable laws, regulations, or executive orders, or required by Federal, State, or local government contracts.
As a Federal Contractor, Marotta is required to have all employees vaccinated against COVID-19 or qualify for a religious or medical exemption.
We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity employer M/F/IWD/Veterans
VETERANS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY