Director of Educational Technology
Position title: Director of Educational Technology
Position #: 128988
The Director of Educational Technology at the University of Maryland is a dynamic leadership role responsible for shaping and implementing innovative technology solutions that enhance teaching and learning. Reporting to the Assistant Vice President of Academic Innovation and Technology, the Director collaborates closely with academic and administrative partners to introduce cutting-edge technology solutions across campus. We are seeking a visionary leader with proven management skills, strategic thinking, and the ability to design and implement technology solutions that empower faculty and students in both physical and virtual learning environments. This role requires strong leadership, project management, interpersonal, and customer-centric skills to effectively plan and deliver educational technology solutions.
Education: Bachelor’s degree
* 10 years of experience leading teams that support educational information technologies.
* 10 years of experience managing large and diverse teams.
* 8 years of experience in supporting technology systems and services in higher education.
* 8 years of experience of successfully managing complex projects and initiatives.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Proven ability to innovate with technology in a learning environment.
* Strong records in strategic planning and budget management skills.
* Graduate degree
* In-depth knowledge of technology enhanced pedagogy and learning principles.
* Expertise in technology trends for learning environments and integration.
* Collaborative skills and experience working with diverse constituencies.
* Teaching and Learning Management System (LMS) experience.
* Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
* Ability to manage multiple projects and adapt to changing priorities.
* Grant writing or management experience.
* Flexible work opportunities
* UMCP Tuition Remission for employees, and their dependents to grow and achieve greatness.
* Generous paid time off package to address work/life balance and maintain well-being.
* Retirement Benefits created to aid employees in reaching future retirement goals.
* And many more…
Salary range: $162,000-$185,000
**This position does not provide sponsorship for Visas.
Physical demands: Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
Best consideration date: 12/11/2023 or open until filled
Please apply at: https://ejobs.umd.edu/
Background Check: Offers of employment are contingent on completion of a background check. Information reported by the background check will not automatically disqualify you from employment.