IT Consultant, Process Analyst
University of Maryland Division of Information Technology College Park, MD Full-time Information Services / Technology (IT)
Posted on September 22, 2022
Position title: IT Consultant, Process Analyst (Exempt, CII)
Position #: 127480
Position #: 127480
The process analyst engages in process improvement efforts in administrative and academic units, focused on improving enterprise operations. They work independently and as a team to identify, scope, assess, and provide recommendations to leaders on campus. In addition to an understanding and experience with process improvement efforts, the ideal candidate will have a firm understanding of systems thinking and organizational dynamics. Activities will include interviewing, environmental scanning, process modeling, and developing recommendations briefs.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university conferred by start date
- At least 1 year of experience with process improvement practice in a professional or academic setting
- Superior analytical skills, logic and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of Business Process Analysis methodologies.
- Demonstrated success dealing with ambiguity and ability to learn on the fly to understand and solve new problems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and written in a manner which is clear, logical and consistent.
- Ability to effectively work as a team and independently.
- Degree or certification in a process improvement focused specialty
- Familiarity with higher education
- Familiarity with organizational development
- Medical, dental, and vision co
verage designed to help you and your family live a healthy lifestyle.
- Flexible work opportunities
- UMCP Tuition Remission for employees, and their dependents to grow and achieve greatness.
- Generous paid time off package to address work/life balance and maintain well-being.
- Retirement Benefits created to aid employees in reaching future retirement goals.
- And many more…
Salary range is $65,000-$75,000.
**This position does not provide sponsorship for Visas.
•Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines.
•Sitting for extended periods of time.
•Dexterity of hands and fingers required to operate a computer keyboard or mouse, and to handle other computer components.
Please apply at: https://ejobs.umd.edu/
Vaccine protocol: The University of Maryland has made the safety of our students, faculty and staff, and our surrounding communities a top priority. As part of that commitment, the University System of Maryland (USM) recently announced that students, faculty, and staff on USM campuses this fall, including UMD, are required to be vaccinated against COVID. As a prospective and/or a new employee at UMD, you will be required to comply with the University’s vaccination protocol. Proof of full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work at any University of Maryland location. Prospective or new employees may seek a medical or religious exemption to the vaccination requirement at return.umd.edu and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Failure to provide proof of vaccination or to obtain approval for a medical or religious exemption will result in the offer of employment being rescinded.
Background Check: Offers of employment are contingent on completion of a background check. Information reported by the background check will not automatically disqualify you from employment.