Software Engineer, UI/UX Software Engineer
Position title: Software Engineer, UI/UX Software Engineer
Position #: 128976
The Senior UI/UX Software Engineer is responsible for implementing, integrating, and optimizing both on-premise and hosted systems, primarily using Java and web-based technologies, with a strong focus on user interface and user experience (UI/UX) design. This role incorporates a hands-on, agile, team-based approach to development while also providing leadership, mentoring, and coaching to less experienced engineers. The Senior UI/UX Software Engineer is tasked with producing and reviewing system documentation and requirements and leading UI/UX design reviews and meetings. They participate actively in defining the software engineering process and methodology, with an emphasis on UI/UX standards and best practices.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, human-computer interaction, interactive design, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
* 5 or more years of experience in software design, focusing on UI/UX design principles and methodologies; use of design patterns, data binding tools (ORM, XML), and relational databases. Expert in Java development.
* Significant experience in established software engineering standards and methodologies, including creation and use of use cases, UML modeling, source control, documentation, unit, system, and integration testing.
* Increasing responsibility in defining engineering and UI/UX design standards, leading code reviews, and mentoring other software engineers.
* Highly experienced in established software engineering standards and methodologies, including creation and use of use cases, UML modeling, source control, documentation, unit, system, and integration testing
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* The ability to create and communicate clear requirements to a development team
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, paired with the ability to express complex technical concepts effectively
* Experience with frameworks and libraries used in web applications and web services, including those specifically used for UI/UX design.
* Knowledge of authentication and authorization methodologies.
* Familiarity with a range of UI/UX tools such as Sketch, InVision, Adobe XD, or other relevant design software.
* Minimum 2-years’ experience engaging with customers and stakeholders to design the User Experience (UX) for an application
* Demonstrated experience successfully solving UX problems
* Demonstrated experience in the Visual Design of an application
* Demonstrated understanding of the Rules of Accessibility
* The ability to create a wireframe and assist in prototyping
* Flexible work opportunities
* UMCP Tuition Remission for employees, and their dependents to grow and achieve greatness.
* Generous paid time off package to address work/life balance and maintain well-being.
* Retirement Benefits created to aid employees in reaching future retirement goals.
* And many more…
Salary range: $115,000-$133,000
**This position does not provide sponsorship for Visas.
Physical demands: Sedentary work. Employees will need to be able to sit for long periods of time to work on a computer, as well as travel occasionally to meet with clients and customers on and off campus.
Best consideration date: 12/04/2023 or open until filled
Please apply at: https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/115101
Background Check: Offers of employment are contingent on completion of a background check. Information reported by the background check will not automatically disqualify you from employment.