Chief Information Officer
Wor-Wic Community College is accepting applications for a chief information officer to provide vision and strategic leadership for all Information Technology activities in support of the mission and goals of the college, oversee the delivery of technology services and manage the daily operations of the IT department. This position may be required to respond to computer emergencies on an as-needed basis.
The following list is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with this position.
- Provides vision and strategic leadership for all IT activities in support of the mission and goals of the college by chairing the IT strategic priority team; managing major IT-related projects; managing key vendor relationships and contracts; maintaining a secure infrastructure; developing and monitoring the college-wide IT annual operating and capital budgets; developing plans and projections for major IT initiatives and technology equipment; and ensuring a high level of customer service
- Oversees the delivery of technology services and manages the daily operation of the IT department
- Protects the college's data and information systems and strengthens the college's preparedness, timely response and rapid recovery in the event of a cyber-attack, natural disaster or other emergency
- Performs other administrative duties, including but not limited to requisitioning, reporting, chairing and participating on several college committees, developing and revising technology policies and procedures, and communicating information to leadership
- Oversees the operation and security of the college's servers, cloud environments, network infrastructure, administrative and educational technology and other IT assets
- Manages the annual and five-year comprehensive department assessment process as per the college assessment plan and the assessment process for the technology strategic priority plans
- Monitors industry trends to ensure compliance with applicable regulations, evaluates the college's current technology resources and makes recommendations for future technology needs
- Attends peer group meetings, participates in various external groups/professional organizations, and takes advantage of professional development opportunities
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in computer science, business administration, management or other relevant field
- Seven years of related work experience in a comparable position involving the management of a large team responsible for
- Computer/AV support
- Enterprise software
- IT security
- Cloud systems and/or
- Network Infrastructure
- Required skills include:
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Budget management
- Project management
- Strategic IT plan development and implementation and
- Procurement and vendor negotiation skills
- Valid driver's license
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience working in a higher education environment
This is a full-time standard administrative position. Days and Hours of work are Mon. - Fri., 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (1-hour lunch)
The right candidate will represent our commitment to excellence, diversity, equity and inclusion; collaborate and cooperate with others to accomplish the goals of the college; and support new and creative ideas to enhance institutional effectiveness.
It is important that your application show all the relevant education and experience you possess. Please do not use "See Resume" or similar language in the job application, even if a resume is required. Applications may be rejected if incomplete.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. The college reserves the right to change or reassign job duties, or combine and/or eliminate positions at any time.
Applications received by June 18 will be given first consideration; the position will remain open until filled.